PhotoPrime® photoreactive reagent formulations treat difficult to coat surfaces.
- These primers provide a durable intermediate surface to which other coatings can bond.
- They are environmentally friendly, easy to use, and allow for convenient processing.
- PhotoPrime® reagents are quickly and efficiently applied to the surface of a substrate.
- These primers have demonstrated biocompatibility.
Properties & Features
- Tenacious binding to the substrate is characteristic of PhotoPrime® chemistry.
- PhotoPrime® coatings on a surface are very durable under a variety of conditions.
- Dense crosslinking at the substrate interface by PhotoPrime® chemistry modifies the surface of the substrate and enhances wettability to accept further coating layers.
- Difficult to coat surfaces such as Nylon, Grilamid®, various PEBAX® formulations, Polyurethane, Low Density Polyethylene, High Density Polyethylene, Polyester, Polypropylene, Polyethylene terephthalate have been successfully treated with PhotoPrime® primers prior to final topcoating.
- Crosslinking characteristics of PhotoPrime® chemistry allow polymeric overcoats to exhibit their inherent properties in a useful and beneficial manner.
- PhotoPrime ®compositions are soluble in solvents such as isopropanol and acetone. PhotoPrime® products can be designed for other solvent systems.
- Electronic materials, medical devices, industrial applications, and surfaces that require further surface modification are candidates for PhotoPrime® primers.
- Adhesion promotion is provided to difficult to coat surfaces.
- PhotoPrime® basecoats prepare surfaces to accept various coating layers for further surface modification.
PhotoPrime® products are available in 1 liter and 4 liter containers. Please CONTACT US to discuss your specific application.